Sunday, July 10, 2022

Mindless Knitting

    I'll never be anything but an intermediate knitter. I like to always have a mindless knitting project at hand, so I can claim some productive work has gotten done while my writing brain has wandered aimlessly through the dictionary.

    I knit a lot of red scarves for a hospital women's cardiac program. I try to follow a simple one-line repetitive pattern. Sometimes I cannot even follow that simple pattern. Several rows later I discover I have made an outstanding mistake. Then I stop long enough for an argument with myself -- is the result so obvious I need to froggit it back several rows?

    Usually I do not deem it so. I used to know how to get pictures in my blog. Maybe I will learn how to do it again. Then you'll be able to decide for yourself how egregious the mistake is.

No comments: