Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Boring, Boring, B-O-R-I-N-G

     Recovery from surgery is boring. This morning I had a small squamous cell carcinoma removed from my right eyebrow. This afternoon I am at home recovering. I took up a large part of the afternoon with a nap, but now I am afraid I will not sleep tonight. An aide, Micah, told me I would have a black eye. Told me not to drink alcohol for 24 hours (mercifully, he didn't say coffee). Relax for the next couple of days. Eat a diet of soft foods. Confirmed that ice cream is a soft food.

    I had been told there might be delays in the process, so I should bring food and  water, plus something to keep me occupied while waiting. I took a chameleon scarf project, red and blue, University of Kansas colors, actually got a few rows knit. I have a layered bandage. First a transparent bandage (if I read the take-home instructions right) covered by a pressure bandage, meant to control possible bleeding. The pressure bandage covers the top of my right eyelid and prevents me from fully opening that eye. Happily, I am instructed to take the pressure bandage off tomorrow, which should somewhat improve my vision. And let me get a few more rows knit.

No comments: