Friday, November 24, 2023

I THINK IT WILL WORK

I THINK IT WILL WORK

        Trying a new approach. Normally, I cast on 64 stitches for a hat. Either knit a ribbed brim, or choose a roll brim. Knit until it looks long enough and then switch to double-points to start decreasing for the crown. Very poor about estimating. I have to quit adding depth while I still have enough yarn to finish the crown? But how much will that be? Generally on safety's side I over-estimate. But wait . . . if I knit the crown first, knit from the crown down I should be better able to come out at the brim. I cast on 24 stitches, put them on double points. Increased in reverse to the decrease. A little snug when I first switched from double points to circular, but as I added rows it eased up a bit. Don't have enough beige for complete hat, so I need to go look at my stash for a color suitable for alternating stripes. I think it's going to work.

No comments: