Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Not MY Mistake

They call it a "casting on" party, but that's really an easy part. Unless you miscount and do not have the exact number of stitches to begin with. Which was my first false start. My second false start was not reading the instructions for the I-Cord edge. I think the I-Cord edge is looking much better, but I still was planning to go to a "casting on" party.

Since I no longer drive at night, the afternoon "casting on" party at Yarn Social in Midtown Kansas City was going to be the only one available to me. I was watching the weather forecasts very carefully. I hadn't realized that the Yarn Barn over in Lawrence also would be hosting a "casting on" party, so I was a bit surprised to read an e-mail message that because of the predicted weather that event was cancelled. Lawrence is some 30 miles to the west of me, so I still had hopes that the afternoon event at Yarn Social was still on schedule.

I don't give up easily, held on to hope . . . alas, further e-mails came flying along the ether waves, Yarn Social was cancelling as well.

One good bit of news in flurry of e-mails was the information that a mistake had been discovered in the Droplet Lace Stitch section. What makes that good news is that I am not there yet -- still far from that section. I should be happy that someone else discovered the problem -- happy that it wasn't me.

No comments: