Thursday, January 16, 2020

I Am NOT Making This Up

Why do I have so much trouble with Ravelry?

Couple of days ago I decided to resolve, once and for all, my problems of getting on Ravelry.

I hate being confronted by a sudden request for a new password. Some websites seem to keep a record of previous passwords, and will not permit the use of previously used passwords. So, in an idle moment or two I play a game with myself of writing down possible passwords I might use in the future.

Tried to log on to Ravelry. Happily, Ravelry returned with my current, usable username. I confess I have had previous trouble with usernames, but since Ravelry was gratuitously offering me a username, I thought it wise to use their suggestion.

Ah, now, the password. Took a guess. Didn't work. On to password reset. Revelry rejected my first reset attempt with a weird message that my suggestion was already in use. So, on to the next password on my list of possibilities. Okay with that one. I wrote it all down in the notebook I am trying to keep of my login sites.

Two days later, we have been told that the City of Fountains patterns are available on Ravelry, so I try to go take a look. Ravelry accepts my username, but will not take the password. Frustrated, I try the password Ravelry rejected two days ago. Astonishment. It works.

Will it still work two days from now?


No comments: