Saturday, June 12, 2021

Knitting at a Wine Place?

Today is World Knit in Public Day.

So, where are the knitters gathering?

At a wine place, of course. I've looked at their website, which offers wine tasting opportunities -- and a souvenir wine glass which you can take home with you. The site includes a pronounciation guide -- you wouldn't want to be caught not pronouncing the names of the wines correctly, would you?

 Thanks to the downsizing of a friend, I acquired two skeins of red acryli, with which I knit two scarves with the Stephanie Pearl McPhee one-line patters. The result looks a bit more complicated than it is. I typically fasten the yarn label on the end of the scarf so that the recipient can determine the type of fabric, and thus be guided in how to wash. My knitting group has knit thousands of scarves for a hospital program, and I hope someone with a connection to that program will be at the Knit-In so I can pass them on.

Wine and knitting? Could produce some interesting results.

No comments: